f you are considering calling a lawyer for a probate case in Ohio, it is important to be prepared and to have a clear understanding of your legal needs. Here are some steps you can take before calling a lawyer to ensure that you get the most out of your consultation:
- Gather all relevant documents: Before you call a lawyer, it is a good idea to gather all of the relevant documents related to the probate case. This may include the deceased person’s will, any trust documents, financial records, and property deeds. Having these documents on hand will help the lawyer understand the specifics of your case and provide you with more accurate advice.
- Make a list of questions: It is helpful to make a list of questions you want to ask the lawyer before you call. This will ensure that you don’t forget anything important and can make the most of your consultation. Some questions you might want to ask include:
- How long will the probate process take?
- What are the steps involved in the probate process?
- How much will the probate process cost?
- How will the lawyer handle the probate process?
- Know your budget: It is important to have a clear understanding of your budget before you call a lawyer. This will help you decide whether you can afford to hire the lawyer and will allow the lawyer to provide you with more accurate cost estimates.
- Research the lawyer’s credentials: Before you call a lawyer, it is a good idea to do some research on their credentials. You can check the Ohio State Bar Association’s website to verify the lawyer’s license and to see if they have any disciplinary actions on their record. You can also ask for references from other clients to get a sense of the lawyer’s reputation and experience.
By following these steps, you can be better prepared for your consultation with a lawyer and get the most out of your legal representation.
Need help with your Ohio probate case? We offer a FREE 15-minute phone consultation with an attorney to discuss what we need to do to open your probate estate. Book a Consultation on our live calendar today or call us at 216-352-4243, let us know your situation, and we’ll get started right away.